Sunday, June 28, 2009

Science Across America

On a completely non-musicological note, I wish to direct your attention to a blog. It's written by my cousin-in-law Nick Russell, and his girlfriend Lizzie Wade. He's a photographer and she's a writer, and the two of them are driving around the country this summer "visiting sites related to the past, present and possible futures of American high energy physics research." This means places like Fermilab, Lawrence Livermore, the former planned site of the Superconducting Super Collider in Texas, and so on. The bulk of their work is directed towards various publishing and art projects for later, but their snapshots and brief thoughts about the trip are fascinating.

I direct you to: Summer of Science.

2 comments:

Rebecca M said...

That is very cool...I've enjoyed the entries thus far. I'll have to share this with a astrophysicist I know at U Pitt.

Anonymous said...

Hooray!