Monday, February 16, 2009

A week in the life of...

Monday: The standardization of chant, early nineteenth-century art song.
Tuesday: Lisztian piano virtuosity (twice)
Wednesday: chant notation, Schumann's piano music
Thursday: Italian opera (twice), Haydn 104
Friday: modes and hexachords, Berlioz

The hard part of teaching five classes, with four preps, is not the amount of time it takes to teach and grade 135 students by yourself, but keeping it all straight in your head from class to class!

But so far, so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief!!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I am haing a hard time maybe you can help me. A friend and I are thinking about traveling to Guadalajara and as far as buying an airplane ticket we do not know where to go from there. Reading your blog I gather you are very familiar with this part of Mexico. Could you suggest a tour guide, or someone that is trustworthy to help us around town? Of course we will pay, but I am at a total loss. I a not finding much information, the information I do find seems to be advertisements for travelocity...that makes no mention of Guadalajara. Nice site by the way.
Ms.Ray